Do we need licenses to ship beer and cider out of state?

Currently, we are operating under the direct-to-consumer laws. If you are currently selling out of your brewery/cidery/meadery then most likely you have the proper licenses for your state's direct shippers retail sales (check with your state ABC). Direct shippers permits are required for most states to allow for out out-of-state breweries to ship into their state. The annual fees vary by state along with each state's volume limitations and reporting requirements for such direct shippers. Bevv will provide links to each vendor containing state's permit requirements upon registration.

Cider and Mead can ship in and out of 44 states.

Beer is more restrictive based on your state. Some states can ship out of state but not within. Others can ship both within and out of a state. Some states are only receiving states. We have navigated this fishy water by doing the legal research, speaking to lawyers, state ABCs.

Kombucha falls under beer laws.

Working on spirits laws now.

Alcohol Beverage Authorities in the United States -